Saturday 3 October 2015

The fog was so dense this morning that there was little chance of seeing much on my patch, so after a leisurely breakfast I headed off to Sevenoaks Wildfowl Reserve, hoping that it would be less foggy there, but it was just as bad, the fog barely lifted at all until gone midday.

I spent most of the time I was there chatting to various birders / photographers in the hides, I took a couple of photo's from time to time but the light was poor, and subjects were few!


This Shoveler Duck dropped in for a few minutes


A species I might just get on my patch this winter, if i'm really fortunate!


There were a few Tufted Duck about, they stayed a bit distant, spending the whole morning preening and dozing.


Tufted Duck


That was my lot for the day, typically, as I left around 14;00 hours the sun started to appear!

Whilst on the subject of S.W.R, I may as well post up the images from a previous visit  ................


Gadwall


Teal


Great Crested Grebe



Egyptian Goose


Tomorrow looks like being another foggy one, lets hope it isn't as bad as this morning and clears quicker too!


2 comments:

Marc Heath said...

Some nice lighting on those shots Warren. Pretty foggy here till about 11ish but i did find quite a good dragonfly species.

Wilma said...

A smorgasbord of swimming birds! Great detail. Shovelers fascinate me.